Thursday, October 7, 2010

Stuff to come

Hello to all, and shalom.

The next couple of weeks will be filled with some action packed and funfilled Apologetic material as always. We will be evaluating more religious movements, such as Buddhism, Hinduism and other Eastern religions such as Jainism, Shintoism and Confucianism.

Also I will be touching base on a few of the leading Philosophical movements of our day, led by Skeptic David Hume, Agnostic Immanuel Kant and some Postmodernistic understanding which will be key to address. We will evaluate the meaning of "truth" and see how this corresponds with a Biblical understanding.

I also want to address some Scientific topics as a side project as well, largely in the areas of studies of Science that I have studied intensely, which are Biology, Chemistry and Physics. Some of the readers here know that I have been kind of had forced upon me, topics especially relevant in the studies of Science, due to the fact that two of my best friends are Scientists who are both Creationists. One is an Aerospace Engineer, and contains a Masters degree..he is especially interested in the understanding of space and Cosmology and how the Universe works and the age of the universe...which relates to his background as well. My other friend is specialized in Pharmacology/Pharmacy, and contains a doctorate in this field related study. He also has an undergraduate degree in Biology. He believes that Science is not dependent upon Evolution, and that there are some very related areas in Biology which undercut the conjecture known as Evolution. He also sees problems with transitional fossils, and the functioning of transitional fossils if there were ever found some to exist, since Irreducible Complex structures such as the eye exist. His understanding is that since IC exists, that there is no way that a transitional fossil could function, since the IC system could not function with one of its parts missing. So in the process of growing up with my Theistic Evolution understanding, challenges were presented to my understanding by...two unlikely sources whom happen to be my best friends, and both containing very prominent positions in their related fields of study. However, since I myself am not a Scientist (though my two Science friends believe my Scientific knowledge to be adequate) this will not be exhaustive as the main crux of our focus needs to be on Scripture, but it will cover an over view of topics such as, is Creation a viable Scientific option, and does it contain a Theory, What types of Science can be utilized to refute Evolution and demonstrate the validity of the Creation Science theory, are there any Creation Scientists who have published peer reviewed literature, and is Creation Science merely limited to the realm of the understanding of a preacher, or are there scientists who are authorities in the field of Science who agree with Creation? These are questions which I had to tackle head on before making my final decision that Young Earth Creation Science was a valid understanding to undertake in the area of Science, especially in the realm of Biology. I have prayed over this, and God has allowed this door to be open. We will see where this leads :). Lots of stuff to come!

God bless and shalom to all,

hamashiachagape

No comments:

Post a Comment